Some important notes, will have a video up later of the presentation:
• 3 NEW Haunt mazes, one will exist in a new structure, the other 2 in existing structures. My guess is that 2 will be swapped out.
• Confirmed, AFX is getting a NEW show. It is not white water rafting, we can only continue to guess what will go in.
• Confirmed: River Adventure (Kid's inflatable boat mini river) is leaving but can see something new in the future
• Subway is coming
• New locker system using an all digital POS system (Point of Sell) and digital entry as opposed to the existing keyed entry
• Parking lot revamped
• Food venders including carts accepting debit cards
• 3 NEW shows: Pop Fusion, On Broadway, and Team Charlie Brown. Happiness is Snoopy will return this year
• Show schedules will no longer be those cheap-looking xerox copies but actual nice, printed material much like how the park maps are
• Lots of buildings being repainted
• Lot of dormant buildings are being revitalized, including where Subway will be located
• Different areas will now have their own background music based on theme...Action Zone will feature electronica/high energy-like music, 50's music by Firefall, etc...
• Last but not least, they are really focused on theming of Gold Striker. We will not be riders, but prospectors :) The park feels that Gold Striker will provide a very unique coaster experience with the elements it features along with the added tunnel (which was not required of them to put on, was an after thought.
• Gold Striker's opening date has not been said yet
Here's some photos of the happenings at the park!
|Grizzly got some retracking done on the lower turnaround.|
|Future home of the new Subway restaurant|
|Psycho Mouse is getting some TLC.|
|Farewell to the River Adventure attraction.|
|One of many buildings painted over the off season|
|A lot of buildings are getting new shingles/shakes made of composite. This former game will |
become a character meet and greet location.
|Carousel Columbia also received more new paint this off season! It looks amazing!|
|Spongebob has worn out his welcome and will now be leaving us.|
|And the Gold Striker hardhat tour begins!|
|Taking a walk under White Water Falls|
|Backside of the 2nd turnaround|
|Midway curve with some new fencing around it|
|Airtime hill under the first and last turnaround|
|Working on the lift! Note the frame work for the tunnel.|
|The trains will come rocketing out of the tunnel here.|
|And zoom past here as guests wait in line to ride.|
|Station platform. Roof trusses were up by the end of the day (no photos of that)|
|More lift work|
|An overview of the drop and where the line will start (note the gap in the fencing on right)|
|A final look at the Carousel before heading out.|
Facebook and Youtube for frequent updates and more photos of Gold Striker! Stay tuned for more updates! Also, a friendly reminder: CGA will be opening on Friday, March 29th!